How to Make
Puffy Sidewalk Paint
Now that the kids are home for good since school has been canceled for the year, we are always trying to come up with new fun things to do. Especially creative ones! This activity was from a Pinterest post that I shared on my Facebook page a few weeks ago about how to make puffy sidewalk paint and we wanted to try it out!
Puffy sidewalk paint is easy to make and fun for the kids to help with!! We didn’t take the measuring too seriously. We grabbed a bowl for mixing and had our bottles ready! You can see our dog Piper helping out too! She loves to be in the middle of things!
Grab your favorite food colorings and get ready for some fun! You can use gel food coloring or liquid. The gel definitely gives you a more vibrant color!
The food coloring we used in the Walmart set was okay for pastels, but we loved the brightness from our chef grade gels we had in with our baking supplies.
We may have just needed to add a whole lot more color than we did! Just add as much as you want until you like the color!
We grabbed our plastic squeeze bottles from Walmart but you can also grab them from Amazon and have them shipped!
DIY Puffy Sidewalk Paint Supplies:
- 16 oz Plastic Squeeze Bottles
- Large mixing bowl
- Food Coloring – liquid or gel ( as many drops until you like the color)
- Dish Soap
For Each Color You Will Need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of dish soap ( we didn’t measure and just eyeballed it)
- 5-10 drops of food coloring
- In a mixing bowl, add one cup of flour and one cup of water. Mix until most of the lumps are gone.
- Stir in the dish soap to the flour mixture.
- Add your food coloring and stir until its all mixed together!
- Pour mixture into your squeeze bottles. We ended up with just enough each for 16oz bottle so it was great!
Keep doing the same method until you have all the colors you want! Now the kids are ready to get creative. We did flowers, rainbows, sunsets and more! The girls loved it.
Catch Us In Action!
You will want to go ahead and use this all the day you make it. Don’t leave it overnight or it may explode on you and ain’t nobody got time for that! Lol! We left our creations up for a few days. Clean-up is super easy and the kids loved helping with the clean-up time as well! We were blessed with some warm days so the hose felt pretty good.
Hope you guys have tons of fun and enjoy it! I know we will be doing it again several times over the summer! Stay creative and keep that joy spreading to your family and beyond!